Heintges is committed to the realization of innovative building enclosures which meet the highest levels of sustainability and performance. We maintain a broad portfolio of impactful projects worldwide including art museums, cultural centers, academic and government buildings, and supertall towers. Our work is guided by a shared commitment to quality, as our talented professionals collaborate with clients and contractors to deliver exemplary projects. Our firm is a certified WBE, and diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental for us. We support social justice work and engage in expanding access to the professions of architecture and engineering.
At Heintges we are focused on cultivating a supportive office environment of positivity, respect, professionalism, free sharing of information, and good work-life balance. Our office culture embraces these values as the best way to develop unique technical expertise and longevity in our colleagues. Direct support and personal mentorship by senior staff allow our employees to approach challenges with confidence. As a result, our clients benefit not only from our deep knowledge and experience, but also our thoughtful approach to problem solving in difficult situations which arise during design and construction.
WE ARE INTERVIEWING FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
This is an exciting opportunity for an architect or engineer, with 5+ years of experience in the design and construction of the building envelope. The individual will work closely with Principals and senior staff to manage project teams in the development, detailing and analysis of a variety of façade and waterproofing systems while interfacing directly with the client, external design team, consultants, and construction teams during all project phases.
- Graduate degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering
- Commensurate knowledge of enclosure design over a range of system types
- Experience with building science analytics a plus
- Experience working in the field, observing installation on construction sites
- Confident oral communication, presentation, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit, and 3D visualization software
- Authorization to work in U.S.
- Perform project management for a diverse portfolio of architectural façade design and construction projects.
- Direct internal teams in the design, engineering, and detailing of exterior wall systems.
- Lead communication with client, external design team, consultants, and construction teams.
- On-going leadership of teams during all project phases from design through construction.
- Design computer models of building envelope performance and conduct result analysis.
- Write specifications for exterior wall systems.
- Review contractor qualifications and proposal during bidding.
- Review contractor progress and shop drawings during construction administration.
- Review laboratory performance testing and create test result reports.
- Inspect quality of prefabricated materials at factories and create inspection reports.
- Conduct project site inspections and create inspection reports.
- Research management software and develop custom tools and scripts to support and facilitate business operations.
- Participate in firm’s graphics representation, including photo/video editing, creating presentations, management of company website, etc.
- Master’s degree in architecture or civil engineering
- Minimum of six months of experience in façade design and engineering and façade construction administration.
Skill/License/Certificate/Professional Credential Requirements:
- Proficiency in design, engineering, and construction of various façade systems, including stick and unitized curtain wall, precast concrete, masonry rainscreen, skylight, and canopy.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Rhino and Grasshopper, Revit, and Dynamo.
- Proficient in creating parametric tools/scripts used in façade design applications.
- Experience in conducting building envelope performance simulation and analysis with industry-tested simulation software, including OpenFOAM (thermal), Strand (structural), and Staad (structural).
- Proficiency with LBNL suite including Therm, Optics, Window, Radiance (for glare).
- Proficiency with Adobe suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Proficiency with advanced data analysis and report creation.
- Professional architect licensure in New York.