HEINTGES IS INTERVIEWING FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
Senior Facade Architect / Engineer – San Francisco
Heintges is an award-winning firm of 40 architects and engineers committed to the realization of building enclosures envisioned by the world’s most renowned architects. From concept design through construction, Heintges professionals are trained and personally mentored to become experts in the art, science, and engineering of facade design. We maintain a broad portfolio of superlative projects worldwide including art museums, cultural centers, mixed-use developments, and supertall towers.
Developing expertise in our office is a shared and open experience at both the project team and firm wide levels. The products of this initiative take many forms and range in scale from attending or presenting at national and international conferences, to discussion of ongoing R&D within intra-office forums, to brainstorming during regular office happy hours. Regardless of position, we are proud that every individual contributes to our supportive office culture with curiosity, inventiveness, openness, and rigor.
Our San Francisco office has an opening for a candidate whose interests and qualifications include the following:
- 5+ years of work experience in a professional architecture or engineering firm
- Knowledge of enclosure design over a range of system types
- Professional degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Professional licensure, California preferred
- Excellent communication, drawing, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Design and detail oriented, patient, and flexible
- Confident communicating through both hand sketches and digital modeling
- Interest in working in the field, observing project installation on construction sites
Responsibilities to include:
- Project Management for a diverse portfolio of projects
- Designing, engineering, and detailing of exterior wall systems
- Correspondence with clients and project team members
- Leading discussions at client meetings
- Modeling of envelope performance and analysis of results
- Working with Managing Principal to develop office technical resources
- Mentoring of technical staff
- Writing Specifications
- Reviewing contractor proposal and shop drawings
- Witnessing laboratory performance testing
- Project site inspections and reports
- Periodic domestic and/or international travel for factory inspections and testing
- Training will be provided to supplement each candidate’s previous expertise.
Heintges is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a women-owned business. We maintain a diverse staff of highly motivated individuals and provide all employees with competitive benefits and compensation package.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Identify position in email’s subject line.