Do you have a good eye for design? Are you interested in all aspects of marketing, communications, and business development?
Heintges NY is looking for a New Business & Marketing Coordinator, who is a strong communicator and is energized by collaborating on graphic and written submissions to win new projects. This role is in-person, and reports to the Director of Business Development.
- Think strategically to tailor materials to address RFQ and RFP requirements.
- Develop creative, deadline-driven deliverables, often with a quick turnaround.
- Draft effective, targeted writing and graphics
- Enter details from each proposal and ASR into the firm’s database accurately and on a timely basis. Track status.
- Participate in weekly New Business Meeting, including preparation of agenda and associated materials. Write and distribute minutes.
- Run the biweekly Marketing & Communications Committee meeting, including preparation of agenda. Write and distribute minutes.
- Collaborate effectively with supervisor and other stakeholders in-person, via phone, and video.
- Coordinate the preparation of and revisions to staff CVs, project profiles, firm website content and other firm collateral.
- Prepare slide decks for client and conference presentations.
- Manage in-house photographic and archival materials.
- Interface with outside vendors for photographic and other materials.
- Develop bi-weekly LinkedIn posts, no other social media.
- Coordinate awards submissions.
- Embrace additional related tasks and responsibilities as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Visual Arts, Communications, or other related discipline.
- 3-5 years prior office experience, including responding to RFQs and RFPs.
- Attention to detail with a penchant for clarity and accuracy.
- Confidence in written and visual communication, with a passion for design excellence and strong graphic sense.
- Ability to work calmly to meet deadlines, often on short notice.
- Ability to parse through requests and prioritize challenging deadlines.
- Friendly, flexible and energetic, with a sense of humor.
- Awareness of and ability to connect with all levels of the organization, in NY and SF.
- Openness to varying communication styles and responsive to feedback.
- Ability to streamline organization of documents, resources, and data.
- Strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite (emphasis on InDesign), Microsoft Office, and Photoshop. Experience with Ajera is a plus.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is required
Starting salary range: $65,000 – 85,000
Do you have 2+ years of experience in the design and construction of building envelopes? Are you looking to grow into a Project Manager role on exciting innovative projects? We are looking for a motivated individual who is interested in broadening their involvement within the full range of envelope consulting services including roofing & waterproofing on impactful projects, both new construction and renovation.
- Work closely with senior staff in the development, detailing, and analysis of a variety of facade and waterproofing systems
- Interface directly with the client, external design team, consultants, and construction teams during all project phases.
- Analyze envelope performance through modeling.
- Write Specifications.
- Review contractor proposal and shop drawings.
- Witness laboratory performance testing.
- Perform and report on project site observations and field testing.
- Expand firm’s shared knowledge through internal Research & Development.
- Develop office technical resources, such as commonly used details and performance memos.
- Regular domestic and/or international travel for factory inspections and testing.
- Training will be provided as needed to supplement previous expertise to achieve full expertise, concept through construction, and advancement.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in a professional architecture or engineering firm, or as an application engineer / system designer for a facade contractor.
- Knowledge of facade design over a range of system types.
- Experience in roofing and waterproofing including design and construction of various systems and assemblies.
- Familiarity with ASTM standards, NRCA details, drainage strategies, and leak mitigation strategies is also preferred.
- Experience in historic preservation or restoration.
- Experience with design and inspection of masonry.
- Excellent communication, drawing, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Design and detail oriented, patient, and flexible.
- Confident communicating through both hand sketches and digital modeling.
- Interest in working in the field, observing project installation on construction sites.
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit, and 3D visualization software.
- Professional degree in Architecture or Engineering.
- Authorization to work in U.S. is required.
Starting salary range: $68,000 – 80,000
Heintges is committed to the realization of innovative building enclosures which meet the highest levels of sustainability and performance. We maintain a broad portfolio of impactful projects worldwide including art museums, cultural centers, academic and government buildings, and supertall towers. Our work is guided by a shared commitment to quality, as our talented professionals collaborate with clients and contractors to deliver exemplary projects. Our firm is a certified WBE, and diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental for us. We support social justice work and engage in expanding access to the professions of architecture and engineering.
At Heintges we are focused on cultivating a supportive office environment of positivity, respect, professionalism, free sharing of information, and good work-life balance. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, PTO, 401K, profit-sharing, reimbursement for licensing, continuing education, cell phone, and more.