HEINTGES IS INTERVIEWING FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
Due to an influx of new and exciting work, we currently have multiple openings for positions in both our New York City and San Francisco offices. We are looking for highly motivated candidates with the following interests and qualifications:
- 4-5 years of work experience in a professional practice or façade industry
- Commensurate knowledge of enclosure and/or roofing and waterproofing design and detailing over a range of system types
- Experience with building science analytics
- Professional degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- Professional licensure preferred
- Authorization to work in U.S.
Job responsibilities will be tailored to candidate’s skill set and experience level.
Our New York City office has an opening for an architect or engineer, who is excited to develop specialized expertise in facades. The following qualifications are required:
- Graduate degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering
- 1-3 years of experience in a professional practice or façade / roofing & waterproofing industry
- Excited by the process of seeing buildings built
- Naturally gravitates towards technical aspects of design
- Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Confident communicating through hand sketches and computer drafting
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit, and 3D visualization software
- Interested in working in the field, observing installation on construction sites
- Detail oriented, patient, and flexible
- Values personal and professional development
- Interested in occasional domestic and/or international travel
- Interest in pursuit of Architectural or PE licensure
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
Responsibilities will be developed over time to include:
- Interpretation and execution of architectural design intent
- Effectively summarizing technical concepts for design team coordination
- Designing, engineering, and detailing of exterior wall systems
- Energy performance modeling and analyzing results
- In-depth research of materials, processes, and systems.
- 3D printing façade studies
- Writing specifications
- Participating in external client and design team meetings
- Reviewing contractor proposals, shop drawings, and other submittals
- Witnessing performance mock-up testing
- Inspecting quality of prefabricated materials at factories
- Inspecting progress on site
- Writing reports
At Heintges we are focused on cultivating a supportive office environment of positivity, respect, professionalism, free sharing of information, and good work-life balance. Our office culture embraces these values as the best way to nurture and develop technical expertise.
Direct support and personal mentorship by senior staff allow our employees to approach challenges with confidence. As a result, Heintges clients benefit not only from our deep knowledge and experience, but also our thoughtful approach to problem solving in difficult situations arising during design and construction.
Heintges is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a women-owned business. We maintain a diverse staff of highly motivated individuals and provide all employees with competitive benefits and compensation package.